Westﬁeld Corporation | Sustainability Report 2018 | 40
5.2 OUR PEOPLE
PROGRESS AGAINST OUR 2017 COMMITMENTS
Westﬁeld Corporation has a strong commitment to diversity and to promoting an inclusive culture where people are
encouraged to succeed to the best of their ability.
Global recruitment standards to be adopted
requiring a diverse candidate pool with a focus on
female appointments to senior positions in non-
• Internal and external recruitment policies
require that diversity, including gender, must
be a consideration in all executive searches
in non-traditional female roles including active
searches in Design, Data and Analytics,
Finance, Development and Leasing.
• In 2017 the representation of women in senior
level positions improved in both the Group
Executive and US Executive Committee
• In the US, the representation of women on
the US Executive Committee increased from
15.4% to 20% and slightly increased from
33.3% to 34.4% at Senior Manager level.
• In the UK, the representation of women at
the UK Executive Committee level remained
consistent at 20% and decreased by 5.5%
to 25% at Senior Manager level due to the
appointment of male candidates.
• Candidate pools and the representation of
women in management roles continued to
be consistently tracked to ensure areas of
opportunities were identiﬁed.
The continuation of programs designed to
support women progress their careers into senior
Targeting 40%-45% representation in leadership
and development programs.
Ongoing Succession Planning as a focus
to identify key female talent and promotion
throughout the organisation.
• “WeConnect” is an internal Westﬁeld
mentoring and networking program which
creates an opportunity for all employees to
network with senior executives and other
talented individuals across the business.
• “WeConnect” sponsors programs and
workshops to enhance employee business
knowledge and personal and professional
– 26% of the UK Mentoring Group in 2017
– 40 high potential female employees
attended a Women in Leadership day
at London Business School
– Formal leadership coaching provided
to high potential female employees
• The proportion of female employees in
Westﬁeld Development courses throughout
– 55% in the UK
– 49% in the US
• Management training covering career
development, diversity, employee relations,
unconscious bias, and conﬂict management
continued to be provided.
No gender based pay discrimination.
In 2017 Westﬁeld Europe:
• Awarded a Silver Banding for gender in the
Business in the Community benchmark (the
UK’s most comprehensive benchmark for
workplace gender and race diversity) for a
• Completed the National Equality Standards
audit – a comprehensive UK assessment of
our equality and diversity position against
rigorous criteria, supported by the Home Ofﬁce
and Confederation of British Industry (CBI).
Full sign off expected Q1 2018.
• Westﬁeld Europe continued to be a member
of the UK Government Campaign ‘Think, Act,
Report’ demonstrating our commitment to
gender equality in the workplace.
• Ongoing work with our employee “People
Group” to focus on policies and procedures
relating to diversity, inclusion and attrition
In 2017 Westﬁeld US:
• Completed an annual Afﬁrmative Action
Planning process that assessed pay equity
and gender representation across all levels
of employment and external labour force
• Completed a Pay Equity analysis to determine
gender neutrality. This pay analysis will be
conducted each year to identify issues and