Westﬁeld Corporation | Sustainability Report 2018 | 42
5.2 OUR PEOPLE
DIVERSITY: OBJECTIVES FOR 2018
For 2018, Westﬁeld has identiﬁed the following areas as key to promoting its diversity and inclusion objectives:
• The UK and US Executive Committees and Senior Line
Managers will continue to focus on ensuring that employees
from all backgrounds are treated equally. In order to reﬂect
the diverse communities and customer we serve, we strive
to create a workplace environment where people can be
themselves, where we can celebrate their diverse backgrounds
and where we can share our varied perspectives and ideas in
order to achieve success.
• Westﬁeld UK will become an active Real Estate Balance
member and has the signed the CEO commitments for diversity
to not only deliver change internally but across the industry.
Westﬁeld UK has also signed the EW Inclusive Employer’s
Pledge which is a public commitment to build our diversity
maturity over the next 12 months.
• Ongoing tracking of candidate pools and female representation
in management roles to identify areas of opportunity.
• Introduction of blind CVs (resumés) at Management and
• Standardised Diversity and Inclusion brieﬁngs for all recruiters.
• In partnership with WISE, target female candidates for
LEARNING AND DEVELOPMENT
• Leadership and development programs, such as Women
Executive Leadership coaching, and the UK’s WISE programs,
will continue to be offered to promote the movement of females
into senior roles across all key business areas.
• Our Succession Planning will continue to identify key female
talent and plan to promote them through the organisation to
senior leadership roles with true authority.
• Introduction of Mental Health First Aid training.
• Westﬁeld UK will launch the Westﬁeld Women Leaders Group
which is a mentoring and coaching program for our talented
women which includes one-to-one leadership coaching and
mentoring, offering our Westﬁeld employees the opportunity
to partner with women leaders in external companies.
• Formation of Employee Resource Groups (ERG’s) in the US
for Veterans, Women and African-Americans. Members of each
group will likely engage in recruitment activities supporting
increased representation in group areas.
• Continual development of female and family friendly
environment and wellbeing programs to provide positive
support to all our employees.
PAY EQUITY / FLEXIBLE WORK
Westﬁeld Corporation to:
• Continue its focus on external benchmarking, best practice and
target setting to ensure pay equity and ﬂexible work objectives
• Continue to develop and implement programs and policies
focussed on Female and Family wellbeing.
Westﬁeld Century City